Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse


There was a total lunar eclipse last night. Of course, I didn't find out about it until I was at work, sans camera, and still trying to finish up my paper.

I suppose if I had been home, I still would have been frustrated by the constant light cloud cover. My wife got some shots though, and some of them look pretty good.

As a substitute, I whipped up the image above. After all, a lunar eclipse just looks like the moon with a bite out of it, right?

Update: Here's a great lunar eclipse shot on Flickr. Of course, they used a telescope. Cheaters!

Update #2: Here's one of my wife's shots. The wiggly line going across the eclipse is a plane! The fact the track is wiggly leaves me to believe that my tripod is pretty crappy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if my pics of the eclipse were good, why not post one?? Considering I had no idea what I was doing, they weren't bad!
-your wife

Sean said...

Image added!