Sunday, March 30, 2008

Purchased: Tamron-F 1.4x Teleconverter

Well, I just purchased a used Tamron-F 1.4x Teleconverter from KEH Camera for $53 + $12.95 S/H. I decided that a teleconverter would be a worthy investment for shooting my son's baseball games since I need a little more reach than my Canon 70-200mm f/4 USM can provide and the Sigma 600mm would miss a lot of shots without autofocus.

In my survey of teleconverters, I stated that my first preference would be the Kenko Pro 300 1.4x. Sadly, the price on eBay has bounced up substantially and is now $120-$130 (including shipping). Since a few reviews have mentioned that I won't notice much difference between the Tamron-F and the pro versions, I figure $65 is a good deal for the Tamron-F. Oddly enough, the Tamron TCs are going for $75 or more on eBay, so the KEH price was pretty good (although the shipping cost is surprisingly high).

For reference, Amazon is currently charging $115 shipped for the Tamron-F 1.4x.

Hopefully I'll get it next week. I'll offer up a review once I've had some time to work with it.

No comments: