Monday, April 7, 2008

Strobist: Birthdays, Heresies and Watt-Seconds


I didn't say anything, but for the past few months I've been pretty disappointed with the posts on Strobist. Not that they are that bad, but since Mr. Hobby took a leave from his staff job, he seems less... inspired. Maybe that's just me projecting my feelings onto his writing though; a lot of the draw of reading Strobist was getting an inside look into the types of jobs and thought processes of a staff shooter.

So, I was happy to hear that he's going to be shifting the direction of Strobist slightly to, **gasp**, even talk about non-speedlight off-camera flash. He's also planning on adding more guest On Assignments (including this really good one about Peter Yang) and actually pimping himself out to get some paying jobs.

Read about it here: Strobist: Birthdays, Heresies and Watt-Seconds.


What about me? Well, I've got a huge backlog of stuff I want to write about including Baseball photography, HDR, snooting an SB-20, reviews of the Tamron-F teleconverter and the Giottos MM5580, a report from a recent Strobist meetup, and more.

The difficult part is finding time to process the photos and write up the posts...

No comments: