Friday, May 9, 2008

Muir Woods

I haven't updated in a while, and I suspect I won't be updating that much in the coming months. Mostly that is because I added a third job to our already busy lives. Actually, the funny thing is, I've spent the day at Job #1 (Grad Student) yet primarily worked on Job #3 (editing textbooks) and a little of Job #2 (tutoring... today was organization stuff, not the tutoring part). Job #3 has really fried my brain today, so excuse any grammar mistakes.

If anybody has a seed for a money tree, let me know!

Anyway, I wanted to get a short little post up with some photos. Last week my parents visited and on Sunday we took a trip to Muir Woods which is a beautiful, magical place... even if so many tourists are there you have to park half a mile away. It is hard not getting beautiful shots with the monster trees all around.

On the flip side, Muir Woods is a great demonstration of large dynamic range. Even shooting RAW I had a lot of shots with blown shadows and highlights.

BTW, I'm starting to play with Lightroom now -- why is it so hard to output the edited photos? Although, I love LR's highlight recovery feature!

Anyway, I'll leave you with a cute shot of my daughter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the post...great photos! I have a blog on Muir Woods as well: http://blog.reserve123.com/2008/09/see-the-tallest-living-things-on-the-planet-plus-more/