Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hodgepodge

What's a hodgepodge? It means mishmash!

And that's what this post is...

  1. After buying the Sigma 400mm with money I do not have, I'm selling off some of my older equipment that I do not need. In particular, that means my Canon 50mm f/1.8 II is going up along with my Sigma 600mm f/8 mirror lens. If you are interested, my listings are here. The 600mm has already been replaced with the 400mm, and I'm hoping to replace the 50mm f/1.8 II once I get a job with a 1.4.
  2. I added another tool on Used Camera Database to include live eBay auctions along with historical data. Check it out if you are interested. It has been quite educational to learn how to make it work, and there is plenty more to do over there.
  3. I haven't updated here much, and that will likely decrease even more as I'm spawning off a blog on Used Camera Database to hold that sort of stuff. If you are interested, check it out.
  4. I'm still planning to post a few things here in the next week or two. One is an anatomy of a photo on a series of shots I did at work for a coworker. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The second thing is a Sigma 400mm and Sigma 600mm comparison. Trust me, I can't put that off too much because the 600mm will be in the mail in a week!
  5. Microstock is basically dead for me. I've made pocket change for the handful of images I uploaded, but not nearly enough to actually pull any cash out and, while I want to make a post listing my stats, there's very little motivation to do so.
  6. Lately I've been doing very little shooting, and I don't really have much planned in the near future. Once I get this dissertation submitted and a real job, that might change (or, I might have even less time!).

No comments: